According to a new study, 4/10 people in the UK feel that companies are less likely to admit and apologize online for negative experiences which gives a bad e-reputation, compared to last year.
An underestimated aspect of the pandemic-induced shift to digital is the increase in online interactions between consumers and brands, particularly in the area of ratings and reviews.
Feefo, the insights and reviews platform, surveyed 2,000 British consumers for its Navigating the Negative report, and found that those brands which value, engage and act upon customer feedback after proactively requesting the opinions of their customers are gaining a significant advantage over their competitors.
- When people encounter a product or service with few or no negative online reviews, 32% delay their purchase; a further 22% say they’re suspicious about whether they can trust any of the reviews.
- A quarter (26%) say they actively seek out negative reviews first; 69% say they continue their purchase if the review has been acknowledged and responded to effectively.
- Nearly half (44%) of those happy with how a brand has responded to their negative review say they went on to use the business again; 40% recommended the brand on social media; and a quarter raved about it to friends and family.
- In contrast, 58% of those unhappy with a response to their review refused to buy from the firm again, or criticized the brand publicly on social media (26%) or even across the wider news media (15%).
- Providing a solution and offering a speedy response – or failing to do so – are the top actions creating both advocates and detractors.
Improve Your Visibility and Credibility with our e-reputation Repair Services
The best online reputation management companies offer brand reputation management and online reputation repair services to protect your reputation online and ensure you have control over your search landscape.
2lamarketing agency is one of the trusted internet reputation management companies that persistently develops strategic reputation repair services to help you cultivate a positive brand presence and attract new and repeat customers to your business.
Reach out to our online reputation expert and discover the many ways our business reputation management and reputation repair services can help you clean up your internet reputation and safeguard your brand image.